Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scarves



I love scarves. It used to be I had just a few, but then I realized that all those scarves I had bought my wife Jane over the years (Paris, Dubai, London) were just as good for me as they were for her.

Recently, I purchased several Arab scarves, which are great because they are large and square. They're better than a coat. I can wear a hat and a scarf and be warmer than than wearing a light jacket.

Scarves have been big recently in fashion circles, but I think I'm hooked. I'll be wearing them regardless.

Which brings me to seasonal fashion as it pertains to my own body image. The older I get, the more I prefer winter, where I can cover my body in elaborate ways and still feel fashionable. In the heat of the summer, there's not much left to disguise.

No comments: